BARTHOLOMEUS KLIP FARMHOUSE
Situated in the famous Cape Winelands amidst breathtaking mountains and scenery, Bartholomeaus Klip is a luxury boutique hotel situated on a 10 000 ha game reserve and 6000 acre working farm – offering guests a chance to find tranquillity within the simplicity and richness of nature.
- Nature drives viewing stunning indigenous flowers and fynbos, a variety of antelope, buffalo, fox, lynx, ostrich, black eagle, and waterbirds at the dam such as kingfisher, fish eagle, blue cranes, spoonbills, pelicans and even flamingos.
- All activities including mountain biking, fishing, hiking, kayaking and archery
- WiFi access in all suites and rooms
- Air conditioning and fan in all suites and rooms
- Luxury suite with generous en-suite bathrooms (equipped with hairdryer and custom made toiletries scented from surrounding indigenous Fynbos)
- Guests can choose from an all inclusive or self catering option:
All inclusive – rates include all meals (early morning coffee, tea and pastries; full brunch, afternoon tea, sundowners and snacks, four course dinner) as well as two nature drives daily.
Self catering (available for groups and families at the Wild Olive House and Cottage) – rates include morning game drive.
Dining on a Cape Farm
Set after a French tradition, but inspired by local flavours and fresh organic produce to offer the best dishes on a constantly inspired and changing menu, complimented by a hand selected wine collection from the Cape Winelands. Guests will not be disappointed.
Guests are also offered an opportunity to develop their own cooking skills with classes – custom designed or predesigned courses are on offer. You can also take the time to learn about farm life on a customised farm tour – especially interesting during planting or harvesting, as well as the adorable lambing season.
Orchid Suite – king size bed, private veranda, Victorian bath, walk-in shower, electric shaver and under floor heating.
Disa – king size bed, private veranda, Victorian-style shower-bath.
Nerina – French inspired with double or twin beds, Victorian-style shower-bath.
Arum – known as the prettiest suite with double or twin beds and Victorian-style shower-bath.
Agapanthus – situated nearest the swimming pool with double or twin beds and Victorian- style shower-bath.
Wild Olive House – perfect for groups and families with generous open plan lounge, dining room with fireplace and beautifully furnished kitchen, two spacious double rooms, one single room (bunk beds on request), two bathrooms, under floor heating, iPod dock, swimming pool and BBQ area. Adults can enjoy meals at the Main Farmhouse – meals and babysitters will be arranged for children (please order meals prior to arrival)