The newly built and eco-friendly four star graded Mariner Guest House is situated looking out across False Bay, in the picturesque and quaint sea-side village of Simon’s Town, just south of Cape Town. Located on the slope of a mountainside, on a quiet street, Mariner Guest House is a short walk from local beaches and sea-side restaurants. With only eight suites guests are assured luxury, exclusivity and professional service.
Simon’s Town is a great base for a range of attractions including the African Penguin Colony at Boulders Beach; views and trails at Cape Point and Chapman’s Peak; boat trips and whale watching as well as trips to Seal Island to dive with a Great White Shark and watch them breach (May- Sept); hiking, cycling, bird watching and horse riding in the surrounding mountains and wilderness including one of the six floral kingdoms of the world; and surrounding farms and vineyards offering organic foods and wine.
Facilities and services
- Spacious rooms each with breath-taking views
- Generous en-suite bathroom (with hairdryer and heated towel rails)
- Free WiFi and satellite TV
- Cooling, heating, electronic safe
- Bar fridge as well as tea and coffee making facilities
- Rooms are serviced daily
- Choice of B&B option or a luxury self-catering suite (B&B options also have access to a kitchenette)
- Dining room and double volume guesthouse living area with stone fire place, boasting spectacular views of False Bay
- Entertainment area with barbeque facilities leading to tranquil indigenous garden
- Off-street parking and access-controlled garage
*beverages from the bar fridge charged separately
- Continental and a-la-carte breakfast
- Snack platters and dinner available on request. Picnic baskets can also be arranged for lunch or sunset outings
- Restaurant reservations, day tour bookings and transfers can be made on request
- Laundry and baby sitting service
- Superior Room – ideal for honeymoon getaways with four-poster bed, private balcony, extra large bath and shower, twin basins, and an option for Breakfast-in-Bed.
- Self-catering Luxury Room – great for longer stays with self catering facilities, queen-sized bed, full bathroom, and private balcony that has access to the barbeque area.
- Sail Rooms OR Family Unit – two rooms each with en-suite bathroom (with shower-bath). The rooms can be used separately or as one unit with an interconnecting door.
- Executive Rooms – twin or King-sized bed with en-suite bathroom (with shower-bath), private living area and balcony overlooking False Bay. Access to kitchenette for self-catering option.