HOG HOLLOW COUNTRY LODGE
Hog Hollow is located near the vibrant coastal towns of Plettenberg Bay and Knysna, along South Africa’s Garden Route. Hog Hollow overlooks the indigenous forest and the Matjies River Gorge offering 4-star accommodation, friendly service and panoramic views of the valleys and peaks of the Tsitsikamma Mountains.
At breakfast, our hosts help plan our guests’ day with all the necessary maps and information, a delicious picnic basket and a washed car! An abundance of activities await in Knysna and Plett – reknowned as beautiful beach and holiday destinations. Hog Hollow is also walking distance from Monkeyland Primate Sanctuary, Birds of Eden, and the Elephant Sanctuary.
Luxury accommodation at Hog Hollow
The serene setting of Hog Hollow allows guest to unwind and relax in style and comfort. Lodge facilities include 3 spacious lounge areas, and a boma deck which leads down to the pool area. Bird lovers will enjoy the Ficus lounge – a most popular ‘stopover’ with the local bird community. In the large dining area guests will enjoy breakfasts on cooler days, or enjoy a candle lit dinner in the evening. The outdoor boma is perfect for festive occasions and warm evenings. The lodge is made up of 16 luxurious suites, 3 of which are double story and perfect for families with children aged 12 and under.
Hog Hollow rates include
- King size beds (can be made up as twin)
- En-suite bathrooms with separate bath and shower
- Hearty breakfasts
- Satellite TV in the Far Lounge of the Main House
- Homemade lemonade syrup and hand-baked cookies
- Bedtime stories with gingerbread men and milk for children
- Buckets, spades and body boards for kids at the beach
* Laundry services & mini-bar drinks charged separately
The Villa at Hog Hollow
The Hog Hollow Villa is a three bedroom double story home-away-from-home for the exclusive use of friends or family, accommodating up to 6 adults and perfect for self-catering holidays (a private chef can also be requested in advance). The villa offers spectacular views and opens up onto a wooden deck and infinity pool. The house boasts a spacious, sunny lounge, a game room and an open plan kitchen and indoor and outdoor dining areas.
A stay at Hog Hollow Villa includes
- Master bedroom and en-suite bathroom
- 2 luxury bedrooms
- Hearty breakfasts
- Lounge with fireplace, drinks cabinet and music system
- DVD player and satellite TV in the lounge
- Games room with pool table/table tennis and satellite TV
- Laptop and Wifi access
- Indoor and outdoor dining
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
*Laundry services & mini-bar drinks charged separately