PHANTOM FOREST ECO RESERVE
Phantom Forest Eco Reserve is a 137 hectare private nature reserve located on the Garden Route, just seven kilometres from Knysna. The reserve is a nature lover’s paradise incorporating Afromontane forest, Cape coastal fynbos, estuarine wetland, over 150 bird species, bushbuck, grysbok, rare blue duiker and a variety of other small game.
The magic of the forest is invited into the Phantom Tree suites and lodge facilities with special emphasis placed on eco-friendly construction and on-going sustainability. As Africa’s leading Green Hotel in both 2010 and 2011, Phantom Forest offers guests an opportunity to experience nature and complete luxury without harming the magnifiscent surrounding eco-system. Children 12 years and over are welcome.
Luxurious facilities at Phantom Forest
- Fresh water nature pool overlooking the wetlands and valleys below.
- After a workout in the gym, enjoy the unique bubble barrel hot tub experience or step into the sauna.
- The Eyrie – enjoy sundowners at this magnificent lookout point.
- Outdoor Boma – delicious cuisine to the sound of drumbeats, by the light of lanterns and an open fire.
- The Chutzpah – a stunning Moroccan-inspired dining space, leisure area, pool and view point. Open for special occasions, functions or groups of over 12.
- The Body Boma Health Spa – unwind and relax in this serene space, inspired by and integrated with the outdoors.
- The Business Boma – ideal for meetings and presentations, or to just catch up on an important sports match.
Eco-friendly accommodation in Knysna
Beautifully integrated with their surroundings and constructed from cleared alien vegetation, Phantom Forest Tree Suites are built on stilts at tree top level overlooking the enchanting forest and valleys below.
Classic Tree Suites – Six elevated tree suites perfectly integrated and over-looking the Knysna lagoon or surrounding forest. Inspired by the textures of Africa, suites include entrance area, lounge area, private deck, bedroom and glass-roofed bathroom with double-ended bath, twin basins, and a separate shower room with bidet and toilet.
Upper Tree Camp – Four intimate and romantic suites, perfect for honeymoon hideaways. Special features include an outdoor jetted bath on the private deck, and a cosy indoor daybed.
Moroccan Tree Suites – Inspired by the sensory delights of Africa, these four suites conjure visions of North African from the textures of silk and velvet to a visual kaleidoscope of colour in mosaics and other hand-crafted pieces.
Rates at Phantom Forest include
- Luxury suites, each individually decorated
- Spacious en-suite bathroom with generous bath and separate shower
- Private deck
- Air-conditioning and heating
- Under-floor heating